I’ve been following DIY Danie for a while now and have to say that I’m impressed at her creativity and expertise. This lady knows how to think through a project. Check out her blog at DIY In Progress or settle back to enjoy the adventure of her DIY projects over on YouTube.
Speaking of which, her current project is the creation of her brand new She Shack and it is Awesome! Check it out here:
Taking what is essentially an old garden tool shed and transforming it into efficient workspace is one thing, but upgrading it using paint and flooring is fabulous.
Danie has lots of other projects on her channel, so don’t be shy about checking out what she has to offer.
If you are contemplating updating one of your spaces or looking for ideas to make better use of your space, here are some things to think about:
- What do you want to use the space for?
- Will this be a high traffic area?
- What kind of furniture is required?
- Will you need to make special purchases OR can you create your own?
- Will this be a multi-purpose area?
- Is traffic flow an issue?
- If you are mixing functions you may need to consider traffic patterns.
- Do you need to make special arrangements for heating and cooling and lighting?
- Some areas have full service, while others may need to upgrade or add services.
I hope this will inspire you to try your hand at something you’ve put on the back burner or thought you’d have to hire out to get done. If this post has been helpful, please let me know by clicking on the “Like” button and/or leaving me a comment. 🙂